Publications by NWIA Board Members
1. Barnett-Vanes A, Kedia T, Anyangwe S. Equitable Access to Global Health Internships, insights and strategies at WHO HQ. Lancet Global Health 2014; 2: e257 – e259.
2. Jordan Jarvis. Put Patients Over Profits: An Open Letter to the Council on Foreign Relations. Huffington Post Blog. 23 Dec 2014.
3. Stichting Health Action International (HAI). Statement submitted to WHO Executive Board 136. Agenda Item 14.4 Human Resources: update. Jan 2015.
4. Hawa K, Oluwaseyi O, Kedia T, Barnett-Vanes A. Advocating for Equitable Access to Global Health Internship Opportunities. PLOS Medicine Blog: 29 May 2015.
5. Ashton Barnett-Vanes. Leadership 2030 – Global Health Internships. RSA Blog: 4 June 2015.
6. Jordan Jarvis. The World Health Organization wants a diverse workforce, but what about its interns?. The Conversation: 10 July 2015.
7. Oluwaseyi Owaseye. Perspectives of a Nigerian Former WHO-HQ Intern. Pan African Medical Journal: 17 September 2015.
1. Alex Cheng. Global Health Workforce Diversity: What about Interns? Child Family Health International Blog: 10 June 2015.
2. Laura Harris. Access to Global Health Internships: An Indonesian WHO-HQ Intern’s Perspective. 8 June 2015.
3. Sumitra Sharma. Aspirations from Nepal: An International Health Internship to Control NCDs at Home. YP-CDN Blog: 1 July 2015.
4. Jennifer Foulds. Show YOUR Support for Global Health Equity at the UN. Amref Health Africa Blog: 6 July 2015.
5. Daniel Bornstein. WHO: are unpaid internships undermining helping those most in need? Development in Action Blog: 23 July 2015.
6. Global Health Internship Scholarship: Interns for Interns, 10 Years On. PRWeb: 12 October 2015.
Further Reading on Equitable Access to Global Health Internships
1. Posta I, Wynes D. Internships in the United Nations System. Switzerland: United Nations Joint Inspection Unit. 2009.
2. Crisp N, Chen L. Global Supply of Health Professionals. N Engl J Med 2014; 370:950-7.
3. Chen L et al. Human resources for health: overcoming the crisis. Lancet 2004; 364: 1984–90.
4. Frenk J, Chen L, et al. Health professionals for a new century: transforming education to strengthen health systems in an interdependent world. Lancet 2010; 376: 1923–58.
5. WHO. Human Resources: annual report. EB 130/26, 17 November 2011. Paragraph 9.
6. WHO. Human Resources: annual report. EB 132/38, 30 November 2012. Paragraph 11.
7. People’s Health Movement. Interns and junior professional officers: exclusion of young people from L&MICs. EB136 14.4 Human resources: update, January 2015. p. 2.
1. Rikesh Chotai. UK, Rikesh Chotai – WHO Intern Testimonial.
2. Laura Harris. Indonesia, Laura Harris – WHO Intern Testimonial.
3. Tara Kedia. Radio Interview on Australia’s 2ser.
4. Alicia de Hoyos Reyes. Mexico, Alicia de Hoyos Reyes – WHO Intern Testimonial.
5. Winter 2015 WHO-HQ Intern Cohort. Former WHO-HQ Interns on Fair Internship Access.
Publications by WHO Intern Alumni
2014 and 2015 have seen 16 WHO and other publications (contributions or co-authorships) by WHO intern alumni. Access the pdf with the full list of Publications by NWIA members.